Terms and Conditions
1. The closing date for entries is midnight Sunday June 14 2009.
2. Unless otherwise stated, the competition is open to all residents of the UK and ROI aged 18 or over, except employees of Times Newspapers Ltd or Goodwood, their associated, affiliated and subsidiary companies, their families, agents or any person connected to the promotion.
3. Entry limited to one per person. The winner is responsible for ensuring they are able to accept the prize as set out and in accordance with these terms and conditions, in the event they are unable to do so then the TNL reserves the right to redraw the prize.
4. Entry is free but entrants should be aware that they may be subject to local call charges depending on their own individual arrangements for Internet access.
5. An eligible entrant must be an individual and must submit an entry in the form provided by TNL under this promotion including their name, address and e-mail address.
6. By entering, all eligible entrants agree to abide by each and all these terms and conditions. TNL reserves the right, with or without cause, to exclude entrants and withhold prizes for violating any of these terms and conditions. TNL reserves the right to amend these terms and conditions. Any amendments will be published on the Website.
7. There 7,000 prizes. The winners will be drawn at random from all valid entries received prior to the close of the competition. The winners will be notified by email within seven (7) days from the draw date. All reasonable endeavours will be made to contact the winners during this time. If a winner cannot be contacted or is not available, TNL reserves the right to re-draw another winner from the correct entries which were received before the closing date.
8. The prize for each winner is a pair of tickets to the Goodwood Festival of Speed on Friday 3rd July 2009. The date of the prize is not flexible and entrants should ensure they can attend on this date. In the event a winner is unable to TNL reserves the right to award the tickets to another winner. Tickets are for admission to the Festival of Speed only and all other costs and expenses, including travel and food/drink are the responsibility of the winner. Tickets are non-refundable and are not for resale. The organisers may refuse entry at their discretion and entry is subject to Goodwood terms and conditions.
9. There is no cash or other alternative to the prize stated and the prize is not transferable and no part or parts of the prize may be substituted for other benefits, items or additions.
10. The winner may be required to submit valid identification before receiving their prize.
11. The judge's decision is final and binding on the entrants. No correspondence will be entered into.
12. TNL will not be liable for technical, hardware, or software failures of any kind or lost or unavailable network connections which may limit or prohibit an eligible entrant's ability to participate in the competition. Other than death or personal injury arising from the acts or omissions of TNL, or their employees, TNL will not be liable for any loss or damage arising out of the winner or their guest’s enjoyment of the prize.
13. By entering, any subsequent prize winners agree to allow the free use of their names, photographs and general locations for publicity and news purposes during this and future promotions by TNL or any associated or subsidiary company of News International Limited.
15. Completion and submission of a registration slip or e-mail will be deemed acceptance of these terms and conditions.
16. TNL reserves the right at any time to cancel, modify or supersede the competition (including altering prizes) if, in their sole discretion, a competition is not capable for being conducted as specified. TNL reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal value in the event that circumstances beyond their control make this unavoidable.
17. The promoter of this prize draw is Times Newspapers Limited (address below).
18. For a list of winners, please send a stamped envelope to Times Newspapers Limited Competitions Department, 1 Virginia Street, London E98 1RL, stating for which competition you would like winners’ details.
19. Terms and Conditions printed in The Times/The Sunday Times newspaper or on Times Online form a part of these terms and conditions.