jewel 1

Alonso set for Oviedo homecoming in September

Fernando Alonso (ESP) Renault. Formula One World Championship, Rd 7, Turkish Grand Prix, Qualifying Day, Istanbul Park, Turkey, Saturday, 6 June 2009

Renault have announced the latest stop on their Roadshow calendar will be the Spanish city of Oviedo, Fernando Alonso's home town. The event, which is expected to attract over 100,000 fans, will be staged on September 5, during the weekend before the Italian Grand Prix.

"I’m really excited that the Renault F1 Roadshow will visit my home town,” said Alonso. “I always enjoy taking part in Roadshows and I've already done a couple in Spain, but driving my car in Oviedo, the city where I was born, will feel even more special. It's also a nice way for me to thank my fans for all the support they have given me over the years and I hope they will all come along and enjoy the show."

Fernando Alonso (ESP) Renault R29 passes his fans. Formula One World Championship, Rd 5, Spanish Grand Prix, Qualifying Day, Barcelona, Spain, Saturday, 9 May 2009

A 1.8-kilometre temporary track will allow the Spaniard to demonstrate the French team’s car from last year, the R28, in front of the city’s Plaza de America. The route will also feature Calle del Conde de Toreno, one of the main highways in Oviedo.

Renault team principal Flavio Briatore added: "Our Roadshows are always popular events that bring the sport to the public and offer fans the chance to meet the team, touch the cars and do things that would not be possible during a Grand Prix weekend.

Fernando Alonso (ESP) Renault R29. Formula One World Championship, Rd 6, Monaco Grand Prix, Practice Day, Monte-Carlo, Monaco, Thursday, 21 May 2009


"Fernando has always wanted to drive a Formula One car on the streets where he grew up and I'm sure this will be an unforgettable experience for him and the people of Oviedo. Considering the popularity of Formula One in Spain, I expect this Roadshow to be one of our most successful events yet."

No comments:

Post a Comment